CAMIL II (now room MB0324, previously MB1164, also known as "downstairs CAMIL") is a general-purpose lab supporting music and technology-related classes, most notably Music Education Technology courses. It is open to all Illinois students, faculty and staff on a walk-in basis during open hours.
During Fall and Spring semesters, CAMIL II is open to the community during these hours:
- Monday-Friday: 9:00am-10:00pm
CAMIL II closes during all University breaks and recognized holidays.
- 1 GB Ethernet, and wireless internet access
- 21 iMacs running OSX 10.10.5 (as of Fall 2016)
- i3 processors, 4GB RAM, and 500GB serial HD
- Dedicated stereo sound system
- Novation Launchkey 49-key MIDI controllers at every station
- Harmonia — a Music Theory Platform
- CAMIL also hosts several open-source music technology software applications. Go to the Software page for more information.
- Adobe CC
- workstations a1, a2, and a3 only
- workstations c1, c3, c5, d2, d4, and t only
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Sibelius 8