Sibelius licenses are now managed by a license server. This means that you can check out the software on your own laptop.
- Go to the Sibelius registration page
- E-mail the administrator email@example.com for the serial.
- Click "Full DVD contents including sound libraries" under either Windows or Mac OS X for your system. You might want to do this on campus or on a fast connection as its a big download.
- After running the installers for Sibelius and the sound library, open Sibelius—it will again prompt you for the serial, so enter the serial above.
- Choose network installation, then type in this as the server IP address: 188.8.131.52
- Now the application runs whenever you are online on campus or through VPN. In order to ensure that it runs offline when not connected to the internet, choose Help→Check Out License. You can check out the software for up to 14 days at a time.
Uninstalling Sibelius and Resetting the Serial Number
You may need to reset the serial number for Sibelius if:
- Sibelius is not offering the Network Installation option when you open the program and reverts to trial mode.
- You want to completely remove Sibelius from your computer.
- You want to install your own purchased copy of Sibelius.
To completely remove the Sibelius application and serial number from your computer: download, open and run this script. It will ask you for your password to verify that you want to remove the software.
To uninstall Sibelius, use the Uninstall Sibelius link in the Start Menu under Sibelius Software. This removes the application but does not reset the serial number. See resetting the serial for more information, or contact the CAMIL administrator.
You may also need to use the administrator account in order to reset the serial depending on whether the software was first installed under the administrator account. Go to enabling the administrator account for more information.
The registry patch sometimes loads in Notepad instead of in registry editor. You can apply the registry patch by opening regedit.exe from C:\Windows and then dragging the registry patch over to the registry editor window.
See the Sibelius Handbook for a quick tutorial in using Sibelius.