CAMIL I requires an i-Card in order to access the lab. The lock on the door is programmed to accept users who have permission to use the lab. Permission to use the lab is granted at the beginning of each semester, generally once the undergraduate semester add course period has passed.
Users with access to the lab generally fall into one or more of the following categories:
- All graduate composition/theory students who are registered for the current semester
- Upper-level undergraduate composition/theory majors at the sophomore level and higher
- Music education graduate students
- Project users (by petition — please do so by the first day of the semester to ensure access for that semester)
- Class users for students enrolled in classes that do projects using the machines in CAMIL I
Nothing needs to be done to extend access from one semester to the next. The lab teaching assistant and lab director periodically review membership to determine if users still require access.